Thursday, March 09, 2006

Almost There

I have only three more classes to get through before I'm free for the weekend. Yes, free, free I say. I plan to do loads of absolutely nothing so that I can enjoy myself. Or maybe I'll go out and see the glow worms.
For the past two nights I decided to take the plunge and act like a normal college student. Normal, not by Kiwi standards but by American standards. That's right, I went to a -real- bar on Thursday, where I basked in the glow of reggae and cheap beer. I also learned that there is a 'definite difference' between Kiwi-based reggae and 'real' reggae. Apparently it's faster down here. Since I don't listen to much reggae, I'll leave it to the experts.
Last night I went to what I shall call a 'pseudo-bar'. The 'bar', called Refuel, is actually located on campus. This isn't something you'd ever see at Bryn Mawr, or any of the Tri-Co. In any case, the band that played was stunning. Electric guitar, electric base, a synthesizer (?), drums, trumpet, two saxs, and a trombone comprised the band -- an eclectic mix which made for amazing music. I think the band was made of primarily students, and I think one of those students is in my Chinese Cinema class... so hopefully I can get a CD or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home